- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 thin slices sirloin steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g minced beef
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 100 g cooked ham, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50 ml white wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml beef stock
1. Cut the beef into regular rectangles. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Combine the mince, cheese, eggs, ham, parsley, and season.
3. Place a little filling on each slice of beef and roll up. Secure with a cocktail stick and lay in a shallow ovenproof dish.
4. For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat and fry the onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add the wine, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Cook the beef for 6 minutes. Pour the sauce evenly over the beef.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/gas 4 and continue to cook for a further 40 minutes, until the beef is tender. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe