- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg beef brisket, cubed
- 4 tbsp flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 onions, peeled and quartered
- 12baby carrots, peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 x 400 g can of shop-bought beef consommé
- 400 ml red wine
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
2. Coat the beef in the flour and dust any excess off.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry off fry in hot oil to seal. Transfer the beef to a casserole dish with all the remaining ingredients. Bring to simmer on the stove and then cover with a lid.
4. Put the casserole into the preheated oven and cook for four hours. Taste and season if necessary. Serve hot.
Made with produce from Stock Nook Farm - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe