- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr soaking plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 25 g chinese dried mushrooms
- 25 g ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 stems spring onions, halved
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp rice wine
Tips and Suggestions
Dried Chinese (shiitake) mushrooms and Chinese rice wine can be found in supermarkets or Chinese food shops.
"These richly flavoured mushrooms keep well in the refrigerator," says Kylie, "and are perfect added to stir-fries or braises."
1. Soak the dried Chinese mushrooms in hot water for 1 hour, ensuring that they are completely submerged.
2. When softened, remove stems with scissors and discard.
3. Place mushrooms in a pan and add enough water to cover.
4. Add ginger, spring onions, garlic and rice wine and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. The mushrooms are cooked when soft and tender.
6. Allow to cool in the cooking liquid.
Rate This Recipe