- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6-12 heads of chicory or endive, depending on size
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemons
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Trim any coarse or bruised outer leaves from the chicory heads. Place in a baking dish into which they will fit snugly in a single layer. Dribble over some olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil or a lid and cook for 1 hour.
3. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the chicory. Cook for another 30 minutes.
4. Serve straight from the baking dish with the juices.
Rate This Recipe