- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g lard
- 1.5 kg lamb, cubed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sage leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 150 ml white wine
- 4 salted anchovy fillets
1. Heat the lard in a large casserole pan over a medium heat. When it is smoking hot, add the lamb and brown all over.
2. Add the herbs and garlic to the casserole and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat everything in the fat.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and cook over a high heat for a minute or two, being careful not to burn the garlic.
4. Add the vinegar and wine, and allow the liquid to bubble up, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the casserole.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer the lamb for about 40 minutes until the meat is tender.
6. Just before serving take a ladle of juices from the pan, and mash the anchovy fillets into it before pouring back over the lamb.
Rate This Recipe