- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 partridges
- 3 red peppers, e-seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 bay leaves
- few sprigs of rosemary
- 150 ml Manzanilla sherry
- 150 ml chicken stock
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Add the partridges and fry them until browned on all sides. Remove and reserve.
2. Add the red pepper, garlic, bay leaves and rosemary. Fry, stirring often, until softened, around 5 minutes.
3. Return the partridges to the casserole dish. Season with salt and add the Manzanilla sherry.
4. Allow to sherry to sizzle for 2-3 minutes, then add the stock.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring now and then, until the partridges are cooked through. Serve.
Rate This Recipe