- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 50 g ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- knob butter
- 1 vanilla pod, sliced down the middle
- 115 ml ginger wine
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Peel the pineapple and cut widthways into 6 fat slices. Cut about 5 slits into each piece of pineapple and stick a ginger matchstick in each.
2. In a large frying pan, melt a knob of butter, then add the remaining ginger and the vanilla pod. Lay the slices of pineapple flat in the pan.
3. Pour the ginger wine over the pineapple, set over a low heat and cook until the pineapple slices are soft and the wine has reduced.
4. Serve hot or warm with the cooking juices poured over them and some vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe