- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g pork ribs, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp mint, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200 g red onions, cut into 1cm dice
- 150 g celery, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 1/4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 bay leaves
- 300 g acorn squash
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 200 g rigatoni pasta, dried
- 300 g Savoy cabbage, shredded
- parmesan, for grating
1. Preheat the oven to 240C/gas 9.
2. Roll the meat in the paprika, salt, olive oil, oregano, mint and garlic and put into oven-proof dish.
3. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, occasionally turning the meat to ensure even browning.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4 and add the onions and celery.
5. After 30-40 minutes when everything is well coloured, add the tomatoes, chicken stock, cinnamon, bay and some seasoning. Give it a move around then cover with a tight fitting lid and put back in the oven for an hour.
6. Once the hour is up, add the squash, sherry vinegar, half the parsley and the rigatoni. Stir gently but thoroughly. Cover and put it back in for quarter of an hour.
7. Gently stir again, and at this point the pasta should be just cooked, or slightly under-cooked. Add the savoy cabbage at this point and cook for 5-10 minutes.
8. Enjoy with grated parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley.
Rate This Recipe