- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 white onions, sliced into rings
- sticks celery
- 2 bulbs fennel, coarsely sliced
- 2 tsp mix of toasted and ground cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 400400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml red wine
- 1 litres fish stock
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 6 large cleaned squid
- small bunchfresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- ciabatta, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based ovenproof casserole and sweat the onions, celery and fennel until softened but not brown. Stir in the ground spices, chilli to taste and the tomatoes.
3. Add the wine, fish stock, orange juice and zest, then stir in the chopped squid.
4. Cover and bake for about 2 hours until tender. Stir through some of the chopped coriander.
5. Serve in big bowls, sprinkled with remaining coriander and accompanied by lots of fresh ciabatta to mop up the juice.
Rate This Recipe