- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small loaf of cinnamon and raisin bread, sliced and cut into triangles
- 50g soft butter
- 225 g blackberries
- 50 g brown sugar
- brandy, to taste
- 275 ml milk
- 275 ml double cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Spread the cinnamon and raisin bread with the butter. Layer half the bread, buttered side-up, in a greased ovenproof dish.
3. Sprinkle over the blackberries and the sugar. Then pour over some brandy. Place the remaining bread on the top, buttered side up again and sprinkle with a little more brandy if desired.
4. Heat the milk and cream in a pan but do not allow to boil, then pour over the beaten eggs in a bowl.
5. Pour the egg mixture in turn over the bread and brambles and sprinkle some ground nutmeg over the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly set and browned. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe