- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, cut lengthways
- 70 g plain flour
- 70 g caster sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 20 cm sweet pastry tart cases
- 1 carton of ready-made custard
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Put the apples, sugar and a splash of water in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the vanilla pod seeds. Cook, stirring often, until the apple thickens into a puree.
2. Meanwhile mix the flour, caster sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl to form a crumble mixture.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
4. Spread the apple puree evenly over the base of the pastry case. Cover the apple puree evenly with the custard, then sprinkle over the crumble mixture.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe