- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling and marinating
- Effort: easy
- 3 oranges
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 150 g caster sugar
- 120 ml water
- 3 tbsp brandy, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Peel the oranges by hand or with a fruit knife as desired. The, working over a mixing bowl to catch any juice, slice the oranges. Scatter with the sultanas and set aside.
2. Place the sugar in a saucepan with the water. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat under the pan and bring the syrup to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Add the alcohol to the cooled syrup and pour it over the fruit. Marinate for at least a few hours - or cover and chill for up to a whole day if desired.
4. Just before serving, place a small frying pan over a moderate heat and toast the chopped nuts, stirring constantly until they are lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from the heat.
5. Arrange the fruit on serving plates, drizzle with a little of the syrup and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
Rate This Recipe