- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 50 g caster sugar
- grated nutmeg
- pinches salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence, or the seeds from a vanilla pod
- 150 ml brandy
- 150 ml milk
- 300 ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
1. Whisk the egg yolks with 25g sugar, a grate of nutmeg, pinch of salt and the vanilla, until everything becomes pale in colour.
2. Gradually beat in the brandy and milk. Cover, and chill the mixture overnight.
3. Shortly before serving, whisk the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks.
4. Gradually whisk in the remaining sugar. Fold the cream into the meringue and slowly pour on the chilled brandy mixture, folding everything together as you do so. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe