- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 110 ml cachaça
- 400 ml tin sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 200 g sponge fingers, such as Savoiardi
- 100 g dark chocolate
- selection of mixed exotic fruits, soaked in Cachaça sprinkled with sugar to taste
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw egg whites. Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Place the milk and vanilla pod into a saucepan and heat gently until the mixture almost reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Add the Cachaça.
2. Mix the condensed milk and egg yolks together in a saucepan over a low heat. Heat the mixture gently, stirring constantly, until it thickens to the consistency of custard. Leave to cool.
3. Whip the egg whites until stiff and then fold in the sugar and the crème fraîche.
4. Pour the custard into a pretty glass dish, suitable for serving.
5. Dip the biscuits into the vanilla milk mixture and layer them on top of custard.
6. Pour the egg white and crème fraîche mixture over, and then grate the chocolate over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
7. Serve the Pavé with some of the Cachaça fruit salad spooned around.
Rate This Recipe