- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus resting
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 400 ml warm milk
- 4-5 slices panettone, cut 1 cm thick
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar and vanilla seeds. Beat with a fork and stir in the warm milk.
2. Cut the panettone into 1cm-thick slices. Spread some unsalted butter on them, then cut into irregular chunks.
3. Arrange a layer of panettone chunks in four ramekins, then fill with half the egg and milk mixture. Add a second layer and cover with the remaining egg and milk mixture.
4. Put the ramekins into a tray, then pour water around the ramekins to come halfway up the sides. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the tray from the oven, take the ramekins out of the water and let them rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe