- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 cups of stale bread, sliced into cubes
- 3 tbsp of corn starch/ flower
- 2½ cups of non-diary milk (we used almond milk)
- ½ organic dried apricots
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of chopped dark chocolate
- Barley malt
- Vanilla beans
- Mint leaves (to garnish
- Icing sugar (to garnish)
1. Mix 3 tablespoons of corn starch/flour with one cup of cold almond milk (or any type of non-dairy milk you prefer). Make sure the starch dissolves completely. Add another 1 and ½ cups of milk, then add the barley malt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla beans. Stir it really well, then fold in the bread.
2. Let it sit for at least 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. After the bread has soaked up the liquid, fold in the chopped apricots, chocolate and raisins and mix thoroughly.
4. Oil a deep baking tray with sunflower oil. Pour the mixture in the tray and place it in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. In the mean time prepare the strawberry coulis, by pulsing the strawberries in the food processor together with caster sugar. Mix ½ cup of the processed strawberries with corn starch/flour, mix well and set aside.
6. In a frying pan bring the rest of the processed strawberries to the boil, then add the corn starch/flour and strawberry mixture. Boil for 2-3 minutes then let it cool down.
7. Serve the bread pudding on top of the strawberries coulis and garnish with some fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
Rate This Recipe