- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- seasoned flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 1 small bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves picked from stalks
For the vegetables
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml water
- salt and black pepper
1. With a sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle and transfer to a large saucepan.
2. Cover with water and vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Slice each testicle into 1cm thick ovals and set aside.
3. While the testicles are cooking, tip the sliced onion, garlic and peppers into a large pan. Add the extra virgin olive oil and water. Cover and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes, until soft. Season well and set aside.
4. Toss the sliced testicles in the flour, followed by the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Heat a large pan with the vegetable oil and fry, in a single layer, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the butter, let it sizzle for a minute and stir in the parsley.
5. Season the testicles and serve with the stewed peppers.
Rate This Recipe