- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 3 hours 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 breast of lamb
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 100 g Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/ gas 3.
2. Sit the breasts of lamb in a large casserole dish (cut in half, if necessary) on top of the vegetables, peppercorns and bay leaves. Cover with about a litre of water and cook in the oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours until very tender.
3. Leave the breasts to cool in the liquid. The fat will float to the top and solidify. Remove the bones.
4. Turn the oven up to 200C/ gas 6.
5. Spread the mustard all over the top of the lamb breasts and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Put on a baking tray in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Slide under the grill if necessary to make the breadcrumbs crunchy. Slice into fingers and serve with fried potatoes and salad.
Rate This Recipe