- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 20 g cream cheese, with garlic and herbs (eg Boursin)
- 200 g very ripe vegetarian brie, cut into cubes
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 medium single cream
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1-2 tbsp white wine, (optional)
- 4 slices French stick
- 1 small jar cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
Tips and Suggestions
for a crunchier texture French bread can be oiled and cooked in a hot oven (200C) for 3 minutes.
1. Put all soup ingredients into a liquidizer and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Can be stored in fridge for 24 hours at this point until ready to cook / serve.
2. When ready to cook / serve, prepare cranberry toasts. Lightly toast the slices of French bread, then spread with a little cranberry sauce.
3. Put soup in a heavy based saucepan, making sure to gather any thick mixture at the bottom of the container, and stir well. Gradually bring to boiling point, stirring all the time, then simmer gently for 1 minute. Serve in warmed soup plates with a slice of cranberry toast floating on top, and the whole sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Rate This Recipe