- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butter
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 kg new potatoes, preferably Jersey Royals
- 100 g clarified butter
- 4 x 200 g brill fillet, skinned and trimmed
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Put the clarified butter in a shallow saucepan and heat until it starts to brown. As soon as it reaches this point, stop the cooking by adding the lemon juice and capers. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the parsley and set aside.
2. Cook the potatoes in their skins until tender. Drain then slice (use gloves to protect hands if still hot). Fry in the clarified butter for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
3. Heat a large frying pan with the oil. When really hot, slide in the brill and cook on one side for 3 minutes until browned. Carefully turn over and fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until just cooked.
4. Reheat the sauce, then serve the fish on a bed of potatoes and pour the sauce over.
Rate This Recipe