- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 slices brioche
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml soured cream
- 75 g butter, softened
- 50 g orange marmalade
- 1 orange, segmented and left to dry for 3-4 hours in a very low oven
1. Trim the brioche and cut into 10cm rounds with a circular cutter.
2. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until pale in colour.
3. Bring the milk and double cream to the boil and whisk in the soured cream. Pour the hot liquid into the egg mixture, stir well and strain into a jug.
4. Butter both sides of the brioche slices arrange in a single layer on the bottom of an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with the dried orange segments and spoon over the marmalade.
5. Arrange another layer of brioche on top, pour over the egg custard, and sprinkle with icing sugar.
6. Put the oven-proof dish in a roasting tin and fill the tin with water until it comes halfway up the sides of the dish.
7. Bake the pudding in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the custard is set and the brioche crust is golden brown. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe