- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 350 g green beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 150 g lardons of bacon
- 1 large shallot, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml sherry vinegar
- 30 g finely chopped parsley
- 4 brill fillet, each 200g
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp clarified butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fine brioche crumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until tender - about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, before cutting each potato in half. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a griddle pan over a medium heat. Lightly fry the potato halves for a few minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, top and tail the beans and cook them in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In a frying pan, soften the onion in the remaining olive oil and fry until golden.
4. Add the lardons, shallots and garlic and fry for a further minute.
5. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar. Pour the mixture over the warm potatoes and beans, add the parsley and stir to mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Dip the fish into the flour, then in the clarified butter, and finally the brioche crumbs.
7. Place on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes. Serve straight away with the potato and green bean salad. Pass wedges of lemon around separately.
Rate This Recipe