- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour marinating
- Effort: easy
- 12 salted anchovies, rinsed and all bones removed
- 2 lemons
- 2 small dried chillies, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handfuls broad bean pods
- 2 chicory, outer leaves removed, insides sliced into 3
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Arrange the anchovies on a plate in a single layer. Sprinkle over the zest and juice of 1 lemon and the chillies. Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
2. Pour over enough olive oil to cover the anchovies and leave to marinate for up to 1 hour.
3. Bring a pan of unsalted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and, while warm, remove the outer layer from the larger beans.
4. Squeeze over a little lemon juice, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and put aside.
5. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the chicory for 5-6 minutes. Drain and cool.
6. Fry the garlic in a little olive oil until brown, then add the chicory and braise for a few minutes.
7. To serve, put the chicory onto a serving dish, sprinkle over the broad beans with their juices and arrange the anchovies over the top. Drizzle with the marinating oil.
Rate This Recipe