- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 banana shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves wet garlic
- 100 g podded broad beans
- 2-3 tbsp double cream
- 250-300 g fresh tagliatelle
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- handfuls flatleaf parsley, chopped
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in the shallot and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened and translucent then add the garlic and a pinch of salt and fry gently for a further minute or 2.
3. Stir in the broad beans and cream, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
4. While the sauce is simmering, drop the tagliatelle into the pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until just softened. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
5. Add the tagliatelle to the pan with the broad bean and bacon sauce with a spoonful or 2 of the cooking water to loosen the consistency of the sauce, then gently stir in the flatleaf parsley.
6. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Rate This Recipe