- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g shelled broad beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1-2 red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 small handful mint, chopped
- 1 handfuls wild rocket
- 200 g English crumbly goats' cheese, or feta
1. Blanch the broad beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
2. Slip each broad bean out of its skin and into a large bowl.
3. For the dressing, crush the garlic clove and put into a small bowl.
4. Whisk in the oil and lemon juice. Season to taste.
5. Stir in the chillies and mint. Set aside.
6. Stir the rocket through the broad beans, drizzle the dressing over the beans and gently toss together.
7. Break the goats' cheese or feta into pieces and stir through the bean mixture. Serve with fresh crusty bread or warm pitta bread.
Rate This Recipe