- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 200 g broad beans, blanched and shelled
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 100 g pecorino cheese, shaved
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- slices country bread, to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add broad beans and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry briefly.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the mint and Pecorino cheese, tossing together.
3. Toss the salad leaves with remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and place on a serving dish. Top with the broad bean mixture. Serve at once with slices of country bread.
Rate This Recipe