- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 500 g broad beans, podded
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 350 g crème fraîche
- squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
- warm pitta bread, to serve
1. Place the broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Pour a kettle full of boiling water over the broad beans and set aside to loosen their skins. Leave to stand for 10 minutes; drain, cool and pop the beans out of their skins.
2. Place the skinned broad beans, red onion and mint in a large pestle and mortar. Pound together into a puree.
3. Mix in the crème fraiche and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Serve with warm pitta breads.
Rate This Recipe