- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg fresh broad beans, or 400g podded beans
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 sprigs mint, summer savory or chervil
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Pod the broad beans if necessary, and cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and plunge into cold water. Meticulous cooks can squeeze them out of their white skins, but it is fine to leave them as they are.
2. Crumble the feta into rough cubes and toss with the broad beans in a large bowl. Squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper you shouldnt need any salt as feta is quite salty.
3. Strip the leaves off the herb sprigs and scatter them over the salad. Serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe