- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g jersey royal potatoes
- black pepper
- 250 g fresh broad beans
- 250 avocados, in oilquartered
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 250 g thinly sliced rashers bacon
- 1 loaf of French bread, sliced
- olive oil, to serve
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
1. Boil the Jersey potatoes in a pan of salted water until tender; drain.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broad beans and cook until tender, around 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat a griddle until smoking hot. Cook the bacon on the griddle until crisp.
4. Brush the bread slices lightly with olive oil. Grill the bread on the griddle pan, turning over so that both sides are marked.
5. In a serving bowl, toss together the Jersey royals, artichoke hearts and onion. Sprinkle over the broad beans.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and top with the griddled French bread and crispy bacon. Serve.
Rate This Recipe