- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g fresh broad beans
- 2.5 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemons
- dashes of olive oil
- black pepper
1. Place the broad beans in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover generously. Bring to the boil.
2. Cook the beans until tender, around 1-2 minutes.
3. Transfer the beans and their cooking liquid to a food processor. Add the ginger, garlic and lemon juice.
4. Blend until smooth, then strain through a sieve into a saucepan.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Gently reheat the soup. Serve hot from the stove.
Rate This Recipe