- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g pancetta, cubed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 500 g broad beans, (see Cooks note below), podded
- 100 ml fresh vegetable stock
- handfuls wild fennel, finely chopped (see Cooks note below)
- Warm bruschetta, made from country-style bread
- fennel, sprigs
1. Heat the oil, add the pancetta and allow to sweat over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook gently until tender.
3. Stir in the broad beans, add the stock and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer gently for a few minutes until the broad beans are tender, but not mushy!
5. Remove from the heat, stir in the wild fennel and serve on top of warm bruschetta. Garnish with extra fennel sprigs.
Rate This Recipe