- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 500 g fresh baby broad beans, (about 1.5kg in the pod)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Spanish paprika
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 medium bunch of coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 preserved lemons, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemons
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a small heavy-based frying pan for a few seconds until you smell the aroma. Immediately remove from the pan. Grind to a powder using a pestle and mortar.
2. Put the broad beans, onion, paprika and ground cumin in a large saucepan. Add the olive oil and water. Season with salt and pepper, cover and bring to the boil.
3. Turn down the heat and simmer gently, covered, for 7-10 minutes until the beans are just tender. You may need to add a little more water during the cooking.
4. Add the coriander, preserved lemon and lemon juice, then adjust the seasoning.
5. Serve hot or warm, ideally with couscous and spiced lamb or chicken.
Rate This Recipe