- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 g butter
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onions, diced
- 225 g potatoes, diced
- 75 ml white wine
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 150 ml double cream
- 75 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 50 ml double cream
1. Heat up a large saucepan on the stove and add the butter, once foaming add the chopped garlic and onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not browned.
2. Then add the potatoes, white wine and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Chop the broccoli up into small pieces and add to the pan. Continue to cook for a further 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the cream and half of the almonds, together with the parsley.
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Blend in a food processor until smooth, and then return the soup to the pan and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. To serve spoon into bowls and top with the remaining toasted almonds and a little parsley and lightly whipped double cream.
Rate This Recipe