- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 spears purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 6 slices Parma ham, or another cured ham
- olive oil, for drizzling
- parmesan shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Cook the broccoli spears in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3-4 minutes for each batch. Drain and plunge straight into cold water. When cool, drain again and dry with kitchen paper.
3. Lay 2 broccoli spears on one end of a slice of Parma ham, facing the florets in opposite directions. Carefully roll the ham around the spears so that the florets are showing at either end. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. Put the rolls on a non-stick baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes or until the ham is just crisp.
5. To serve, splash a little olive oil over the centre of 4 plates and sit the rolls on top of each. Finish with parmesan shavings and a sprinkling of pepper.
Rate This Recipe