- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 315 g stone-ground organic wholemeal flour
- 155 g margarine, or butter
For the filling
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp dill, dried or fresh
- 60 g sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. Grease a 25cm flan dish
3. Rub the fat into the flour, until the mixture is a fine breadcrumb consistency.
4. Sprinkle with a little water and form into a ball.
5. Roll out the dough to fit a greased 25cm flan dish. Prick the pastry base to stop it buckling while cooking and bake 'blind' for 10 minutes.
6. Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Add the broccoli florets to the onions in the pan and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Beat the eggs with the dill in a large bowl.
9. Add the cooked onions and broccoli, then pour into the prepared cooked pastry case.
10. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling has set.
Rate This Recipe