- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 beetroot
- 1 dashes of white wine vinegar
- 2 slices granary bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g broccoli florets, cooked and cooled
- 2 pears, sliced
- 100 g green salad
For the dressing
- 4 limes, juice only
- 50 ml walnut oil
1. Put the beetroot in a pan of salted water with the white wine vinegar. Boil for 30-40 minutes until tender - there should be no resistance when pricked with a skewer or sharp knife.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
3. When the beetroot is cooked, drain well. Leave until it is cool enough to handle and peel - you may want to wear plastic gloves to prevent your hands from staining.
4. Cut the beetroot into wedges and set aside.
5. Cut the bread into rough cubes, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until crisp.
6. Meanwhile boil the broccoli florets in a pan of salted water until tender. Drain well and set aside.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beetroot, broccoli, pear, salad leaves and croutons.
8. For the dressing: whisk together the lime juice and oil.
9. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
Made with produce from Farmaround - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007
Rate This Recipe