- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 fillets of haddock, (or any kind of white fish or salmon)
- 425 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 25 g margarine
- 25 g flour
- 25 g half-fat strong hard cheese
- 320 g broccoli
Tips and Suggestions
Alternatively, use any kind of white fish or salmon.
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2. Start by preparing the potatoes. Boil them for about 10-15 minutes until they're soft, then drain them and mash with a little semi-skimmed milk.
3. To make the sauce, mix the milk, margarine and flour in a small pan and warm over a medium heat. Stir continuously until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
4. Pour the sauce over chunks of fish in an ovenproof dish, then top with mashed potato and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve with broccoli.
Nutritional information per portion (458g)
Energy 385kcal (1617kJ)
(of which sugars) 7.1g
Fat, total 9.5g
(of which saturates) 2.1g
Traffic lights per portion (458g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturates: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: fish, milk, wheat (gluten)
Rate This Recipe