- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 200 g halloumi cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled and cubed
- tsp small capers
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2. Put the broccoli and garlic in a large roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and walnuts and roast for a further 5 minutes. The broccoli should be tender by now and the tomatoes just beginning to split.
3. Take out of the oven and mix the vinegar into the baking juices in the pan ensuring all the vegetables are coated and season with black pepper.
4. Heat a non-stick pan and griddle the halloumi on both sides until golden.
5. Put the halloumi on plates, piling the salad on top with all its juices and the avocado and capers.
© The Vegetarian Society (recipe created by the Cordon Vert cookery school) www.vegsoc.org
Rate This Recipe