- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piper
- 200 g broccoli
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- grated zest and juice of ï¿½ lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, and pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into even pieces. Place in a saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop the broccoli and add it to the saucepan. Continue simmering until the potatoes and broccoli are very tender.
3. Drain the vegetables thoroughly, then return to the hot pan to steam dry. Mash roughly, adding the chopped spring onions, lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Mix in the lemon zest, reserving some to use as a garnish, and beat until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe