- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pineapple, peeled, core removed, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
For the vanilla sauce
- 200 ml sugar sugar syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
For the rum cr'me fra'che
- 250 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp rum
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Thread the pineapple chunks onto skewers.
2. Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan and when hot, add the pineapple skewers and colour on all sides. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8 minutes, basting halfway through to glaze the pineapple. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
3. For the vanilla sauce: pour 4 tbsp of the pineapple roasting juices into a pan and cook over a high heat to reduce slightly, then add the stock syrup and vanilla seeds and bring to the boil. Cook until it is just tinged with a caramel colour.
4. For the rum crème fraîche: whisk together the crème fraîche and rum in a bowl.
5. To serve, arrange the pineapple on a plate. Spoon over a little of the vanilla sauce and serve with the rum crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe