- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight freezing
- Effort: medium
- 115 g granary breadcrumbs
- 55 g brown sugar
- 55 g almonds, chopped
- 2 eggs, whites
- 300 ml double cream
- 250 g frozen fruits of the forest
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml crème de cassis
- sugar, to taste
1. Preheat the grill. Mix together the breadcrumbs, brown sugar and chopped almonds and spread on a baking sheet. Grill the breadcrumb mixture until the sugar has caramalised and the crumbs are crisp, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Whisk the double cream until thickened. Gently fold together the cream and whisked egg white. Fold in the caramalised breadcrumb mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture into 6 ramekins. Cover and freeze overnight.
4. Make the coulis by heating together the frozen fruits of the forest, water and crème de cassis with sugar to taste. Bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced and slightly thickened.
5. Turn the ice cream out of the ramekins onto serving dishes. Drizzle over the hot fruit of the forest coulis and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe