- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling and freezing
- Effort: easy
- 75 g brown breadcrumbs, (ideally from a wholemeal bloomer)
- 60 g brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 270 ml double cream
- 75 g icing sugar
1. Mix the breadcrumbs and brown sugar together, then spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly out on a baking tray.
2. Preheat the grill and grill the breadcrumb mixture for 8 minutes or until dark and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
3. Once cool, break the caramelised breadcrumbs into small bite-sized pieces.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks with the whisky. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the whisked egg whites.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream and icing sugar together until fluffy.
7. Using a metal spoon, fold the whisked cream and the caramelised breadcrumbs into the egg mixture.
8. Transfer into a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Rate This Recipe