- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1 tins creamed horseradish
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4 drops tabasco
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the prawn cocktail
- 350 g brown shrimps
- 1 little gem lettuce, finely shredded1
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh chives
1. For the sauce: mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup and cream until smooth, then stir in the brandy, horseradish, lemon juice and Tabasco. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. For the vinaigrette: whisk together the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set aside.
3. For the prawn cocktail: place the shrimps into a bowl, then mix together with one tablespoon of the sauce along with one tablespoon of the vinaigrette.
4. Mix the shredded lettuce with the cucumber, then drizzle over the remaining vinaigrette and toss well to coat. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Place the lettuce and cucumber into the bottom of four cocktail glasses, then spoon the prawn cocktail on top. Cover lightly with the remaining sauce.
6. For the garnish: mix all of the garnish ingredients together, sprinkle over the sauce in each glass, then serve.
Rate This Recipe