- Serves: 4 as a snack
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g brown shrimps, shells remove
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp beer
- 1 tsp English mustard
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 225 g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 8 slices good quality bread
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
2. Mix the shrimps and parsley together in a bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
3. Pour the double cream into a small pan over a high heat and bring to the boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
4. Stir in the beer, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and bring back to the boil for 1-2 minutes.
5. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the grated cheese and egg yolks.
6. Stir half the cheese sauce mixture into the shrimps and reserve the other half.
7. Toast the bread on both sides then cut into rounds using a 5cm diameter cutter.
8. Arrange the toasts on a baking sheet, spoon the shrimp mixture onto the toasts and top with the reserved cheese sauce.
9. Transfer to the oven for 5-7 minutes until heated through, bubbling and golden-brown.
Rate This Recipe