- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1.2 litres white chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 50 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g arborio risotto rice
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 50 g parmesan, finely grated
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- 150 g cooked brown shrimps, peeled
For the parsley purée
- 50 g parsley, including stalks
- 1 knob of butter
- 450 ml whipping cream
- 1 pinches mace
1. For the parsley purée: blanch the parsley in boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Remove, shake dry and place into a liquidiser along with the butter, cream and some salt and pepper.
2. Blend until smooth, then push through a fine sieve. Add a little mace to taste and set aside while you cook the risotto.
3. For the risotto: heat the stock in a saucepan over a low heat until almost simmering.
4. In a heavy based saucepan, melt the butter and lightly fry the shallots and garlic for 3-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
5. Add the rice and, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, add the white wine. Cook until almost all the wine has evaporated.
6. Gradually start ladling in the stock, only adding more once the previous spoonful has been absorbed. Once the rice becomes creamy in texture and the rice grains are cooked through (15-20 mins), add the parmesan, shrimps and herbs. Cook for a further 2 minutes until the cheese has melted and the shrimps are warmed through. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
7. Serve with a spoonful of parsley purée on top.
Rate This Recipe