- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 baby g squid or cuttlefish, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml white wine
- 300 g passata
- sea salt
- 1 kg fresh spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 dried chilli
- 4 large slices Italian bread, (Casareccio or Pugliese)lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Pour 50ml of the olive oil and the white wine into a large saucepan. Add the passata and the squid.
2. Cook gently over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently or until the squid is tender. Season with sea salt.
3. Meanwhile, steam or boil the spinach until just wilted. Drain, squeeze out excess moisture and roughly chop.
4. In a large frying pan, heat together the remaining olive oil with the garlic and chilli.
5. Add the spinach to the squid mixture mixing well. Remove the garlic and the chilli and add the remaining hot oil to the mixture as well.
6. Top the toasted Italian bread with the squid mixture, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe