- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 red peppers
- 1 Italian country style bread, such as Pugliese
- 200 g mozzarella
- small handful oregano, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Roast the peppers for 20-25 minutes until the skin is blackened.
2. Place the peppers into a plastic bag and leave to cool down. When cooled, remove the skin and seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
3. Roughly chop the mozzarella, place in a bowl and add the peppers and oregano. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Cut the loaf into slices and grill them.
4. When the bread is toasted, rub with the garlic and drizzle with a little olive oil. Top with the pepper and mozzarella mix and garnish with a little extra scattering of oregano.
Rate This Recipe