- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 25 g walnut halves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the bruschetta
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 200 g stilton cheese
- 85 g watercress
1. For the dressing, toast the walnut halves in a frying pan over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
2. Remove from the pan, leave to cool for a couple of minutes and chop.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the nuts with the garlic, parsley and white wine vinegar.
4. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil, until the mixture makes a smooth emulsion.
5. To make the bruschetta, heat a griddle pan until hot and cook the bread on both sides, until marked. Spread with the Stilton.
6. Place the watercress in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Pile the watercress onto the bruschetta and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe