- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter, softened
- 25 g vacuum-packed cooked and peeled chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped sage
- 300 g brussels sprouts, trimmed
1. Put the butter, chestnuts and sage in a bowl and mix well. Scrape the mixture onto a large piece of greaseproof paper or foil and shape into a log. Wrap up and refrigerate until firm.
2. Cook the Brussels sprouts in salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes, or until tender, then drain.
3. Cut the chilled butter into slices. Toss four of the slices with the hot sprouts until well coated, then season generously.
4. Place the sprouts in a serving bowl. Arrange the remaining slices of flavoured butter on top of the sprouts and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe