- Serves: 3-4, starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 175 g boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil, preferably mustard oil
- 100 g buckwheat noodles
For the sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1-2 tsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp Thai seasoning sauce, such as maggi
- 300 g spinach leaves
- crushed black pepper, to taste
- 2 red chillies
- coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onions, chopped
- sesame seeds
1. Slice the chicken and dip briefly first into the fish sauce, then the cornflour and oil.
2. Heat a griddle pan. Add the chicken to the pan and cook the chicken strips on the griddle. Rest for at least 5 minutes.
3. Boil the buckwheat noodles according to manufacturer's instructions, for about 3 minutes. Set aside
4. For the sauce, combine the citrus juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, chopped ginger, maggi sauce and black pepper. Whisk well.
5. Wash the young spinach leaves and drain well. Lay the spinach on a large plate, lay the buckwheat noodles over the spinach; place the chicken on top.
6. Pour the sauce over and garnish with whole chillies, coriander and red onion. Finish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe